Wednesday 21 December 2011

Importance of Post Natal Supplements for Moms


Its been quite a few days since my last post. The reason is that I was unwell. I am now on my way to recovery and I simply had to write this post because I felt that it is an important topic.


I had a dizzy spell and felt nauseous a few days back. I felt so weak that I couldn't pick up my baby. A trip to the doctor told me that I had Low BP. I wasn't  shocked as it had happened once before (during dassehra, the worst part was that it was Vihaan's first dassehra and we had to spend it in the hospital with me being hooked up to the IV.)


But there is no history of the same in my family, So why was this happening? Well, I was surprised when the doctor told me that it had to do with my post natal supplements. I had been advised by my doctor to take a calcium and iron supplement daily, but was missing the iron supplement almost daily. I didn't really think that they would be that important and frankly the iron tablet is pretty disgusting. But apparently the Iron supplement is quite important because it increases the blood in our body. Low iron in the body causes Low B.P.


So gals, please take your Prenatal Supplements regularly. Continue with your calcium and iron supplements for at least one year after delivery. And drink lots of water :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment